Welcome to FUNDED, a snapshot of the latest funding news on the Australian Startup and Tech scene. In preparing FUNDED we pick up the news from other news channels as part of our routine data collection activities that have seen Techboard compile the most complete collection of funding events for Australia's startups and young technology companies. This list below while lengthy is far from the complete list of what we capture. For access to our full data capture, sorted, catalogued and full searchable, inquire about a data subscription.
In this edition of FUNDED we are covering August 2021 and bringing you the latest news on companies that have secured funding, news on the latest funds and also stories about who is seeking funding. So far for August we have identified over 105 funding events, including more than 50 private/VC raises totalling over $840m, pretty big, but by no means a record with June 2021 seeing $866m raised from 96 investments and July with $1.1b from 54 investments. However the last 3 months collectively is the biggest 3 month run that we have seen. For more info on FY21 look out for our upcoming Annual Funding Report.
If you know of stories you think we should include please let us know. Funding events can be reported to us and companies that have claimed their profile on Techboard can make announcements. Contact us at [email protected]
Who’s been FUNDED?
(Just a sample of the 50+ deals we captured in August - Commercial Subscribers get the full list + full searchable access to all funding data captured by Techboard since 30 July 2017).
- TechLend banks another $50m.
- Barcats completes a $2.4m
- v2food completes a $72m Series B raise.
- Fresh Equities secures $2.3m investment from Zip, Wisr and Synthetix CEOs.
- MGA Thermal completes an $8m
- Dovetail completes a $5m
- Fable Food Co completes a $6.6m seed raise.
- Splashup wins the Xccelerate21 program and receives $150k from x15ventures.
- Aura Ventures completes a $5m
- Five V Capital buys a 40% stake in Penten worth $50m.
- Hireup closes a $40m Series A raise.
- T-shirt Ventures completes a $4m