Techboard is pleased to present our fifth edition of FUNDED covering the month of November 2021.
In our preliminary review of November we captured 55 funding events, including five megarounds of greater than $50m, two initial public offerings, two acquisitions and over $783m in private investment reported. That brings the tally for private/VC investment from five months in FY22 to over $4.7b compared to FY21’s total of only $4.26b.
A standout investment was the $89m raised by Mr Yum with the second largest series A round that Techboard has captured going back to 2017.The investment was led by US investment firm Tiger Global which has been increasingly been investing in Australian Startups in recent months, leading Scalapay’s $210m series A (the largest) in September, a $23m round in November in Assignar, and a $28m round announced just this week in Carma and Stake's $40m round in May 2021.
We also identified 36 companies seeking to raise collectively over $700m, including six by initial public offering.
In news on funds and funders $676m of new funding has been announced … with announcements of over $1.145b being sought by funds including over $1b by Blackbird for its fund number 5.
If you know of stories you think we should include please let us know. Funding events can be reported to us and companies that have claimed their profile on Techboard can make announcements. Contact us at [email protected].
October FUNDED revisited…. In the last edition of FUNDED we reported 71 funding events in our preliminary review, which after further research and review we lifted that number to to 86 funding events including 49 private investments, which raised a total of $378m. Those funding events have been added to the Techboard database, along with new company, investor and founder profiles, bringing Techboard’s tallys to the end of October to 4063 funding events, 4530 Companies, 1609 funders and investors and 4098 company founders.
Find out more about FUNDED. While the list below is lengthy it is far from the complete list of what we capture. For access to our full data capture, sorted, catalogued and full searchable, inquire about a data subscription.
Who’s been FUNDED?
(This is just a sample of the deals we captured in November - Commercial Subscribers get the full list + full searchable access to all funding data captured by Techboard since 30 July 2017).
- E-bike startup Zoomo completes an $80m raise.
- Accounting software startup Practice Ignition completes a $69m series C raise.
- Airwallex’s value rises by $2bn in two months after completing a $137m raise.
- Till Payments adds a further $15m to its now $125m funding round (with $110m reported in September).
- Mr Yum successfully raises $89m in Australia’s largest female-led series A.
- Judo Bank unicorns with a $657m ASX IPO.
- Radiopharm Theranostics lists on the ASX and shares drop 33%.
- Pharmacy management software company Z Software acquired by Acclivis Group.
- Cannon Trading bought out by Openmarkets for $7.5m.
- Opmantek acquired by FirstWave Cloud Technology.
Other Funding Events (VC/Private, Public(ASX), ECF, Debt, Grants/Awards)
- RealtyAssist secures $24m to fund BNPL for Real Estate products.
- Atelier has completed a $3m seed raise.
- Crypto investing startup Bamboo completes a $4m series A raise.
- The Gandel family buys into Kynd’s $2m raise.
- Five WA medtech, biotech and pharma startups awarded a share of $1m from the MTPConnect WA Life Sciences Innovation Hub.
- Splash closes a $27m series A raise with Amazon’s Alexa Fund investing.
- Proptech Bricklet has secured a $30m debt facility.
- Vision Pharma is the winner of WAIOTY’s WA Innovator of the Year $70k cash prize.
- io secures $34m in funding with LEGO as one of the investors.
- Edstart completes a $10m raise.
Other funding events for our paid subscribers:
Over $676m announced … $1.145b + being raised including over $1b by Blackbird for fund number 5.
- ReGen Ventures secured $66.4m in funding for its first climate tech fund.
- Rampersand is seeking $40m in new funding.
- Possible Ventures closes a $65m raise for a new fund.
- OneVentures will manage the Victorian Government’s $30m Venture Growth Fund.
- The Australian Government announces a $500m Low Emissions Technology Commercialisation Fund.
- Giant Leap is raising $50m for its second fund.
- Pinnacle buys a 25% stake in Five V Capital for $75m.
- Blackbird plans to raise for a $1b+ fifth fund.
- Artesian has raised $45m out of $100m for its fund that will only back startups run by women developing technology specifically for women.
Who’s Looking for Funding?
Over $700m being sought. 6 IPOs, 3 IPOs
- FibreSense is seeking up to a $40m series B raise.
- Made to order ecommerce tailor InStitchu is seeking a $5m pre-IPO raise.
- Amplia Therapeutics is seeking a $12.4m post-listing raise.
- Online pet food and products business Pet Circle is seeking a $200m series C that comes with a $1b+ valuation and Australia’s third largest series raise in 2021.
- Five month old startup Leonie Hill AI is seeking a $2m seed raise.
- My Rewards is seeking a $5m to $7m IPO raise.
- Avenue Bank is seeking a $12m raise.
- High-end food delivery startup Providoor is seeking an investor.
- Thinxtra is seeking a $5m pre-IPO raise.
- BirdDog set to raise $33m in its upcoming IPO.
- Oneview Healthcare is seeking a $23m post-listing raise.
- Invion is seeking a $15m post-listing raise.
- Beforepay is seeking a Jan 2022 $35m IPO raise.
- Triad Life Sciences is seeking a $40m raise via IPO.
- Aumake is seeking a $2m placement.
- Playside Studios is seeking a $25m post-listing raise.
- Synergen Met is pitching investors for a $25m IPO.
- Covid-19 testing biotech Ellume wants to list on the ASX.
- Private photo sharing app Tinybeans is seeking a $7.5m post-listing raise.
- Rapid Response Revival is currently raising $8.5m in a series E and looks to list in late 2022.
- Cloud based fintech Lever is seeking a $2.5m pre-IPO raise.
- Weploy is seeking a $15m investment.
- Soft drink startup Nexba is seeking a $20m+ investment.
- Healthcare tech business CARETEQ is seeking a $6m IPO.
- Actinogen Medical is seeking a $15m post-listing raise.
- Cancer biotech Race Oncology is seeking up to $29.7m in a post-listing raise.
- Forticode is seeking a $10m raise.
- FBR is seeking a $10m post-listing raise.
- Tic:Toc close to completing its $50m series D raise.
- Wide Open Agriculture is seeking a $20m post-listing raise.
- IXUP is seeking a $10m post-listing raise.
- FirstWave Cloud Technology is seeking a $7m post-listing raise.
- Plant with Willow is launching a $20k Kickstarter campaign.
- Trade for Good is seeking a $1m seed raise.
- Vection Technologies is seeking a $15m post-listing raise.
- Vloggi is seeking a $3m seed raise to keep up with its rapid growth.
- Sea Forest wins The Ocean Impact Pitchfest.
- CSL’s new HQ will host a two-floor biotech incubator from 2023.