On Thursday 13 December we held our first ever Techboard Roundtable, an event aimed at getting the conversation around the future of funding for Western Australian Startups and Tech Companies into the public arena and highlighting Techboard's Funding Data. We had an awesome panel of ten experts representing the different funding types and a great audience an exceptional facilitator in Stephen Carroll from our partners RSM. Our friend Jurgen van Pletsen of Niche Interview recorded the entire session for posterity.
Over the coming weeks we will be sharing many of the key insights that came out of the conversation but in the meantime, if you want to see the entire video of the event head over to Niche Interview and have a look.
A big thanks to Spacecubed for providing the venue and catering. Thanks to Software development team augmenters Tekkon Technologies for providing the drinks and to Techboard partners Radium Capital who do R&D Tax advances. A big thanks also goes to our supporters who helped in getting the word out to the Perth ecosystem to ensure we had a great audience. Most importantly a massive thanks to our panelists who made the evening:
- Ashley Zimpel (Enable Funding equity crowdfunding - formerly ASSOB)
- Charlie Gunningham (Accelerating Commercialisation - Cth Govt)
- Gary Macbeth (808 Ventures)
- Leigh Travers (DigitalX)
- Liddy McCall (Yuuwa Capital)
- Morgan Barron (Ventnor Capital)
- Susie Jackson (Investment facilitation)
- Tim Brewer (Entrepreneur in Residence of Plus8 - muru-D accelerator backed by Telstra)
- Tim Moore (Dorado Capital)
- Tracie Clark (Angel Investor)
VALE: ANDREW HALLS
Since the event we have heard the sad news that Andrew Halls, who worked for our partners Tekkon Technologies passed away last Thursday. Andrew will be sadly missed by many in the Perth Startup Ecosystem. To read more or to get information on the GoFundMe page set up please see the story on StartupNews.
Experience some of Techboard’s previous panel sessions at: