Welcome to our fourth edition of FUNDED covering the month of October 2021. Although before we get into October lets just revisit last month's edition of FUNDED. In our September edition we noted that the first quarter of FY22 saw 79% of the total amount of private capital raised in FY2021 in just one quarter. Well it was even bigger than that. After we had finalised our data capture for September private/VC investments tallied to $1.810b from 67 rounds. MASSIVE…... taking our return for the quarter for private/VC investment to around $3.7b in one quarter... compared to $4.26 in the entire FY21, which is over 85% of last year’s funding. WOW!!!
Find out more about FUNDED. While the list below is lengthy it is far from the complete list of what we capture. For access to our full data capture, sorted, catalogued and full searchable, inquire about a data subscription.
October isn’t looking to be as big as September with no mega-rounds (>$50m) reported (unless you consider Fast’s $168m Raise... which we don’t as the company is truly a US company despite its Australian founder). So far for October we have collected 71 funding events from our preliminary review (including 13 Australian Startups from the latest Startmate intake).
October was a month of many themes... with many seed rounds, three closed Pre-IPO investment rounds. The leading sectors for the month are Climatetech and Legal/regtech.
The month saw five acquisitions with CitrusAd, CashRewards, Kaddy, Hyperanna and Family Property.
ClimateTech investments included Loam, Greener, PathZero, RedEarth, Zeroco, 3ME Technology amongst others. There was also major Climatetech funding news from Grok Ventures. See more below
We have also identified 31 companies that have publicised they are raising including eleven who announced they were raising for or in the lead up to an IPO. One of those Judo Bank has already come to fruition with an IPO earlier this week, jumping to a $2.5b valuation.
If you know of stories you think we should include please let us know. Funding events can be reported to us and companies that have claimed their profile on Techboard can make announcements. Contact us at [email protected].
Who’s been FUNDED?
(This is just a sample of the deals we captured in October - Commercial Subscribers get the full list + full searchable access to all funding data captured by Techboard since 30 July 2017).
- Climate focused startup Greener closes a $1m seed raise.
- Advertising startup Amplified Intelligence closes a $3m series A raise.
- Psychedelic startup Psylo closes a $1.1m seed raise.
- Timelio secures a $270m warehouse debt financing led by Goldman Sachs.
- Proptech startup ProcurePro raises $2.6 million seed round.
- Lawpath has raised $7.5 million to help it expand further throughout Australia and into New Zealand and Singapore.
- Online learning startup Academy Xi raises $14 million.
- Pathzero raises $6.8 million to improve carbon transparency.
- Fitafy successfully completes a $2.5m seed raise.
- Sobah raises $1m in 10 days via ECF.
- 13 Australian startups with $75k funding are pitching at Startmate’s next Demo Day.
- Step One raises $81.3m and is set to list on the ASX.
- Novatti Group closes a $10.5m series A raise.
- mDetect receives a $1.5 million co-investment grant from the federal Government’s Advanced Manufacturing Growth Centre.
- Pursuit completes a $27.4m raise from US investors.
- MitchCap successfully completes a $7.5m pre-IPO.
- AI startup Hyper Anna acquired by US giant Alteryx for an undisclosed sum.
- Digital skills training company Academy Xi has raised $4.4m.
- Bloom Impact Investing has completed a $675k pre-seed round.
- Consultmed wins the Pitch Perfect competition and $200k Microsoft Azure cloud credits.
- EncompaaS completes a $14m raise.
- GreaseBoss gets backing from an NFL legend in their $2.5m seed round.
- Packform completes its $25m pre-IPO raise and is valued at $150m.
- RedEarth completes a $12m pre-IPO and plans to list next year.AI start-up Reejig completes a $6m raise to expand overseas.
- Regtech FrankieOne closes a $20m series A round.
Our paid subscribers get access to the full list containing another 34 funding events.
Other funding events for our paid subscribers:
- Clearco set to invest $100m into Aussie startups.
- NAOS is raising $35m for a new fund.
- Black Novo already has $10m of its targeted $20m secured.
- Grok Ventures is the country’s first $2 billion venture capital fund with a pledge to invest that figure into climate change-focused companies.
- BMYG raises $100m and now has $500m under management.
Who’s Looking for Funding?
- Cardiac imaging start-up Artrya raising $40m through an IPO.
- Radiopharm Theranostics has officially joined the growing list of biotech raisers, with terms set to fly for the company’s raising, tipped to be worth $50 million.
- Global Medics Australia has been bootstrapped until now, wants to raise $5m.
- Ivvy set to float in 2022 (seeking c$20m).
- Bodd needs investors to expand globally.
- Alloggio wants to raise $20m and go public.
- RedEye Apps is seeking a $30m private raise.
- OpusXenta is seeking a $7m raise for a $35m valuation.
- Judo Bank’s $2.3b IPO all but confirmed.
- Titomic is seeking a $10m post-listing raise.
- Athena is seeking a $300m debt raise.
- Jules Lund wants to take Tribe public (seeking c.$20m)
- HealthEngine is getting closer to going public.
- HungryHungry wants to expand and need $8m to do it.
- Camera tech company BirdDog wants to list on the ASX seeking c.$30m.
- Kalina Power is raising $7m via placement.
- Vaxxvault is seeking a $5m raise.
- HotDoc is seeking a $30m series D raise.
- Prezzee wants to become Australia’s next unicorn.
- Agtech Growave’s trials look promising and is seeking a $5m raise.
- Mining AI firm SensOre is testing the waters for an IPO.
- Mine mapping start-up Plotlogic is raising $27m.
- Identitii is raising $8.4m via placement and rights issue.
- Sparc Technologies is seeking a $2.8m raise.
- Compare Club on track to raise $65m from an IPO in December.
- Whole Kids is going to do an ECF on Birchal to raise $1.2m.
- Australian Bond Exchange is seeking a $10m IPO raise.
- Bitcoin miner Iris Energy is looking to list.
- Shippit is seeking a $50m series C raise.
- Xpon Technologies is seeking a $12.5m IPO
- OffGamers is raising $13 million via a convertible note ahead of an IPO next year.
- The 18 finalists for the 2021 Australia Technologies Competition have been announced.
- Curtin Accelerate applications are open and a $5k grant is up for grabs.
- Women dominate the 2021 Finnies Awards.
- The 12-point plan to bring crypto and blockchain to life in Australia.