Our fiends at the Founders Institute are running this great free event. The speakers include Derek Gerard from Go Capital (invested in Health Engine’s $27M round and iCetana’s $8m round) and Andrew Hal (raised $1M seed for Formalytics and $200M across variety of start ups).
Perth has a fast growing startup ecosystem, and entrepreneurs here are lucky to have so many resources available to help them in their journey. However, many people don't know about all of the resources available, the differences between them, or what resources are right for them. This beginner fundraising workshop will provide practical, step by step advice, and feature talks from entrepreneurs who have successfully raised money for their businesses, and investors actively funding businesses. Learn expert tips, big pitfalls to avoid, what investors are looking for, how equity works, and more. Join us for a great event!
Who Should Attend?
- Anyone who is launching or thinking about launching and raising money for their idea or business
- Anyone who wants to meet local investors, accelerators, co-working spaces, and founders
- Anyone who wants to learn about the resources available for local entrepreneurs and fundraising for early stage businesses and products
What are some of the Topics?
- The key metrics and pre-requisites for raising funding, and the anatomy of a "fundable" company
- How to make yourself more attractive to investors
- How to utilise online fundraising networks and platforms, like AngelList, Gust, Kickstarter, and Indiegogo.
- How to meet and work with different sources of capital, such as friends and family, angel investors, venture capitalists, government grants and loans, and more.
- and more...
|Date:||2017-05-17, 06:00 PM|
|Location:||Flux (Basement), 191 St Georges Terrace , Perth, Western Australia, 6000|