February was Fintech month, with the category making up half Techboard’s top eight trending companies.
Prospa was the top ranked company, having picked up a $25m investment and an award at the Fintech Business Awards.
The investment round, led by AirTree Ventures, valued the Sydney small business lender at $235m, and received broad coverage in the press and generated strong social media engagement. The startup also won the Lending Innovator of the Year category at the fintech awards.
The top ranked Perth company is 3D printer startup Aurora Labs, ranked second overall. The ASX listed company completed an oversubscribed share placement to raise $7m, and picked up a nomination from our panel of experts. The funds raised have been earmarked to accelerate the development of the company’s medium and large format 3D printers.
Covocate is ranked third, having signed a joint venture Heads of Agreement with a global executive search firm. The Perth-based recruitment tech startup also collected two nominations from our panel of experts.
Leslie Delaforce Cofounder and Director of Covocate, speaking to Techboard said, “Achieving the Top 5 on Techboard caps a great start to the year for Covocate – since January we have brought on one of the state’s most sought after executives to the board and formalised progress toward a JV with a major international executive recruitment firm. 2017 will be a massive year with our upcoming rollout to National Disability Service and over 1000 member companies nationwide.”
Other fintechs in the top ten include Chronobank.io (with its $3M capital raise by Initial Coin Offering as well as partnerships with Lykke and Changelly), iSignthis (partnerships with ayondo and Calforex) and DigitalX (revenue sharing agreement with Blockchain Group).
The full ranking is available to subscribers. The full ranking ranks over 800 companies, provides breakdowns by state and enables searching and filtering.
Here is a sample of the latest ranking:
|NAT RANK||State||COMPANY||ASX LISTED||CHG||NAT BEST RANK|
|6||NSW||Shopper Media Group||NO||NEW||6|
Login or signup to see the full ranking as well as WA and NSW specific versions of the Ranking.
Accomplishments and Milestones
- ServTech Global lodged a prospectus for its $6m IPO;
- Shopper Media Group raised almost $10m in a round led by Blue Sky Private Equity;
- Splend raised $2.8m from Investec Australia at an estimated valuation of $28m;
- Nexba was voted Product of the Year 2017 (Beverage Category);
- Scancam raised $1.2m from local angel investors;
- Trendwise partnered with Perth International Arts Festival to monitor visitor analytics;
- EagleView agreed to fund a US$1.25m R&D project with a Spookfish supplier;
- Epic Delivery and Soter Analytics entered into Curtin University’s 2017 Accelerate program;
- prevyou entered into EduGrowth’s six-month accelerator program run by Navitas and 5 universities.