Company Name: Makers Empire
Announcement Date: 27/03/2020
Announcement Category: Special Offer
Global education technology company, Makers Empire, has created a FREE, Learning at Home course to support teachers, students and families shifting to remote learning due to COVID-19 related school closures.
Learning at Home consists of 90 x daily 30-minute Design Missions that teachers can remotely set for their students from the Makers Empire Teacher Dashboard. See more at www.makersempire.com/remotelearning.
Makers Empire is used by 1+ million students and 22,000 teachers in 40 countries. Jon Soong, CEO of Makers Empire, says, “We stand shoulder-to-shoulder with the teachers and families trying to help students continue learning effectively throughout the disruption caused by the coronavirus pandemic. We know many teachers need quality, easy to use tools for their students to use at home so we’ve created Learning at Home for them. We’re in this together.”
Bianca Laister, Deputy Principal from Birdwood Primary School in Australia, commented, "These are crazy times we're now living in and our staff are feeling quite stressed and inundated by the current situation. The free resources Makers Empire have provided will help to lighten the workload."
Features of the New & Improved Learning at Home for Teachers:
- Daily Design Missions For K-6. Learning at Home consists of daily 90 x 30-minute Design Missions, split into three grade bands: K-2, 3-4 and 5-6.
- Set Student Work Remotely. Teachers can now set their classes daily Design Missions simply and easily via the Makers Empire Teacher Dashboard. The Design Missions will then appear directly in students' devices in the Makers Empire app as a message from teachers.
- Aligned to Standards. All challenges are aligned to international standards so teachers know exactly what their students are learning.
- Pedagogically Proven. Makers Empire was also recently certified by the Education Alliance Finland for pedagogical quality so teachers can be confident that their students are learning with a world-class EdTech tool.
- Free To Use. All students can download and use the Makers Empire 3D design app at home for FREE. Teachers with a Makers Empire subscription can access the Learning at Home course under their current subscription. Teachers without a subscription can sign up for a FREE 4-month trial to gain access to the course.
- Step-by-Step Guides for Teachers and Parents. We’ve created step-by-step guides for teachers and parents as well as a FAQ Guide to support home learning.
About Makers Empire: Makers Empire is an award-winning EdTech company that helps K-8 teachers use 3D design and 3D printing to engage students in Design Thinking and STEM learning. Its 3D solutions for schools are backed by Macquarie University research and include the world’s easiest to use 3D design software, class management tools, professional development, lesson plans, teacher resources, training and support. More info at www.makersempire.com
Announcement URL: https://www.makersempire.com/learning-at-home-teachers-announcement/
About Makers Empire:
Global technology company helping K-8 schools harness the power of 3D printing and design to teach design thinking, STEM concepts and 21st century learning skills.
Makers Empire's 3D Learning Program for primary schools is the first of its kind developed anywhere in the world. We help teachers achieve real learning outcomes, engage students in STEAM topics, and become confident teachers of 3D printing technology. We help students enjoy learning through our appealing and inspiring curriciulum-aligned lesson plans.
3D printing technology is being used everyday to make people's lives better: like computing, it has potential application in almost every single industry. So students with 3D printing experience have a clear advantage over their peers in terms of future tertiary education and career prospects.
At Makers Empire we're helping today's students prepare for the jobs of tomorrow. Join our community.
Go to Company Profile for: Makers Empire
Announcement Contact: [email protected]